Saturday 29 August 2015

Review: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson


Title: Amy and Rogers Epic Detour

Author: Morgan Matson

Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books

How I acquired a copy: Purchased it

Release Date: Already released

Goodreads summary:

Amy Curry is not looking forward to her summer. Her mother decided to move across the country and now it's Amy's responsibility to get their car from California to Connecticut. The only problem is, since her father died in a car accident, she isn't ready to get behind the wheel. Enter Roger. An old family friend, he also has to make the cross-country trip - and has plenty of baggage of his own. The road home may be unfamiliar - especially with their friendship venturing into uncharted territory - but together, Amy and Roger will figure out how to map their way.

Review:

I enjoyed this story I really did but there were parts that in my opinion could have been done better. I enjoyed the whole road trip aspect to the book and liked seeing the receipts, playlists Etc. I thought that was a cute touch and added to the story.

However there were parts that I had issues with. Everything during the trip seemed to work out perfectly for them and I just wish we saw more struggles. Most people when they are low on money don't get free accommodation and a free meal so I thought this part was a little unrealistic that everything always worked out for them.

I also would have liked to see the relationship with her mum explored more. We got to see what happened with her dad and got to see a resolution with her brother but I thought the relationship with her mum was not explored enough.

Overall though I did enjoy this book and thought it was a cute contemporary read.

Star rating: 3.5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment